With 49% of companies using the cutting-edge language model ChatGPT for various marketing applications, it’s clear that combining small business marketing and AI is changing the game. In our guide, we discuss a variety of ways you can use ChatGPT for marketing.
What Is ChatGPT?
This chatbot is trained using vast amounts of text-based data collected from the internet (i.e., news articles, blog posts, websites, social media), allowing it to answer questions, generate ideas, create content, and more.
The Limitations of ChatGPT
Though the AI can serve as a springboard for content generation and research, ChatGPT has limits and cannot fully replace human ingenuity and creativity.
Those using the free version of ChatGPT will receive answers synthesized from sources dated 2021 or prior, so not all the information it provides will be correct or up-to-date. However, for ChatGPT Plus or Enterprise users, the AI can search the internet for current information. Additionally, this information can be from articles, blogs, infographics, and more, so it’s always wise to fact-check ChatGPT’s responses for accuracy as well as opinions, because the content analyzed may contain human biases.
And while ChatGPT can help generate short-form content, it may struggle to retain a consistent voice or tone when prompted to generate long-form content (due an increased likelihood of pulling information from multiple sources). Small businesses can mitigate this potential issue by using the AI tool to repurpose existing long-form content and create outlines for infographics or social media posts.
How to Use ChatGPT for Small Business Marketing
Whether you’re looking to create attention-grabbing content for a social media campaign or optimize existing content for search engines, ChatGPT is a versatile marketing tool for small business owners.
One effective way to use ChatGPT for email marketing is by aiding and enhancing email marketing for small business owners. ChatGPT can be used for the following goals and more!
- Create compelling email marketing subject lines that increase email click-through rates.
- Create email copy tailored to your segmented audience to streamline your email lists based on your customers’ preferences and boost customer engagement.
- Automate email responses to customer inquiries to provide faster customer support.
- Strategize and automate personalized emails for drip campaigns to nurture leads and promote conversions.
- Tailor your content to attract nearby customers by identifying local keywords and generating ideas for location-specific landing pages.
- Ensure you’re in the right Google Business Profile (GBP) category and generate optimized content so your business appears in local searches.
- Help local buyers find your company when they’re actively looking for a solution with product description optimization.
Need help improving your small business’ paid advertising? ChatGPT has a wide variety of applications, including the ability to:
- Write engaging ad copy for specific demographics through audience segmentation so your strategy stays top-of-mind.
- Conduct competitor research by compiling customer review data from competing businesses so you can write unique selling points.
- Optimize landing page copy to more efficiently capture and convert visitors on your site.
- Schedule ads for your ad campaigns for when they’ll have the most impact.
- Identify relevant patterns in your campaigns so you can optimize your ad content.
Search Engine Optimization
In addition to enhancing your online visibility, ChatGPT for SEO can help streamline tasks like keyword research by identifying the best keywords to attract your target audience and providing new keywords to expand your reach. This applies to generating long-tail queries and semantic keywords to better capture user intent in your copy.
ChatGPT can also help make your website more SEO-friendly by generating:
- Compelling meta descriptions & titles
- Optimized video descriptions
- Content outlines & briefs
- FAQ pages
- Effective calls-to-action (CTAs)
Social Media Marketing
This ability to generate impactful content—whether it’s post copy, images, ads, or general optimization—is fantastic for businesses wanting consistent, creative social media content and strategies for engagement.
Not only can you use ChatGPT to help you generate fresh ideas and compelling captions for images, but also create images with DALL·E 3, OpenAI’s latest art generator that’s currently available to ChatGPT Plus subscribers—though there is some controversy surrounding AI use for image generation due to the artwork and images it pulls from.
ChatGPT can also recommend post schedules to increase your online visibility, as well as re-optimize your existing content to boost brand awareness and engagement.
ChatGPT can generate dynamic content for your website, like text, images, and other media to increase customer experience. Though it cannot create a website for you, using ChatGPT for web design can still educate you on the basics of web design, provide comprehensive website outlines, and give you tips for creating appealing and user-friendly websites.
Its NLP capabilities can help develop chatbots to provide instant responses to customers’ questions and information about products or services on your website.
Looking for help with your small business’ digital marketing strategy and execution? Hurrdat offers SEO content writing services, including webpage optimization, blogging, product descriptions, and more. Contact us today!